Monday, May 11, 2015

"Honey Don't List" #1

   Something that's been on my honey do list for a quite some time now, was to purchase some replacement parts for our gas grill.

   This grill that we have has held up fairly well over the years. I think it's about 6 years old now and this will be the first time I've ever replaced any of the guts. Well let me tell you, it was OVERDUE. I kid you not, if you opened the lid to this thing, you would see something straight out of Silent Hill. That bad. Metal shards and rusty fragments all over the place.

   I'm amazed my family hasn't needed a tetanus shot just eating food off the "good" side of the grill. Either way, enough was enough. Baby boy and I hopped into the car and headed off to Lowe's. Most days, Lowe's is my favorite. However, they don't carry Brinkmann grills or accessories. Home Depot does sell the grills, but only a very limited variety of accessories. They mainly offer Weber parts.

   Returning to the car with my tail tucked between my legs, Emerson and I headed back home to see what Amazon had to offer. That's usually my first stop as I never have to leave my seat, but today was one of those days. We needed to fill the hours until it was time for little one to go to bed, hence the road trip.

   After doing some more research I was able to locate the parts I needed. None were actual Brinkmann parts (did I mention that my particular model was discontinued 5 times removed). Seriously, I was able to track a timeline of when my model was last in circulation to the current version. 5 discontinued models in between! No wonder I had such a difficult time finding parts.

   I added my items to the shopping cart and proceeded to checkout. Shipping and handling alone was going to be almost $25. Okay Google, let's find a "free shipping" coupon. No go. Well wait a minute, why not try the "Free Amazon Prime Membership Trial"? Get free 2 day shipping on all Amazon Prime orders. Sounds great to me. Done.

   Well hold up just one minute there fine sir! It seems you've already been an Amazon Prime Member. So click the link for the free trail, and then we'll bill you $107.17 for the yearly membership. Welcome back ol' chap!

   Now I'm not as good at math as I used to be, but I'm fairly certain that my grill parts just got a whole heck of a lot more expensive. Thankfully, I hadn't placed my order quite yet and was able to back out of the membership for a full refund. Now, it's going to take 2-3 business days to process the refund. This means I have to wait 2-3 business days before I can check off the one item on my honey do list.

Don't lose faith in me yet sweetheart.

No comments:

Post a Comment